|DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN BIRMINGHAM
Over the past ten years Birmingham has been at the forefront of development in the UK. Billions of pounds of public and
private investment have been put into the City, creating a hub for private development and investment and making Birmingham
synonymous with good planning, design and development.
Leading this trend, several high profile flagship developments, such as
Brindley Place and the International Convention Centre started the growth and regeneration of the westside of the City,
creating a new modern area comprising of high density commercial and residential space.
Quickly on the heels of this was the grand Mailbox development, creating a new urban hub and attractive extension to the City centre. Recently we have just seen the completion of the Bullring, representing the largest city shopping development in Europe and comprising of over 120,000 sq.m (1.3 million sq.ft) of retail space. Part of Birmingham’s success and potential future has been the City’s unique structure of “quarters” and the City Councils willingness to help develop these quarters making the most of their individual characteristics.
SPECIFICATION OF AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES
Unbuilt with Planning Permission
- Holloway Head – 260 apartments and accommodation for 310 students. Planning will come through on Nov 27th - £20million
- The Mint - (Jewellery Quarter) - 200 apartments plus 30,000 sq. foot for commercial use. The fascia of this building must be retained, but the remainder can be changed. - £30 million
- Warstone Lane - 140 apartments and medical primary care centre (11,000 sq. ft) - £16 million
- Warstone Lane and The Mint are on the border to the Jewellery Quarter, JQ has taken off, but land nearby has been slow to rise in value.
- Lower Loveday St – This property is in very close proximity to the University, it can hold accommodation for 600 students. - £16.2 million
- Upper Marshall St – 260 apartments - £25 million
These unbuilt projects have the potential to be developed or to buy the end investment.
No Planning: Embryonic project, a mixed use scheme in Harbourne, Birmingham.
Joint Venture: Car dealer wants to develop a rolling programme in 7 lots, with the land in a 50:50 venture
Broadway Plaza – 114 apartments, cinema complex with bowling, restaurants and bars. (Possibility to buy the investment)
Commercial opportunities from Ireland, Hong Kong and China.
Click here for an impressive detailed presentation on development opportunities in Birmingham.